Monday 26 March 2018

LO3: Contact sheet and evaluation [✓]


This is a contact sheet for one of the photoshoots that I have done. These images were taken at the band "The Sundowns" gig. It was hard for me to capture these images due to the nature of the even and factors such as the lighting. The lighting was not consistent due to the strobe lights that were on stage, flashing different colours. I did not want to use flash when taking my images as I decided that it would not be appropriate to use as it could intensify other factors in the images, such as people heads that were not that of the band, this meant I did not take my images with flash. By not using flash it meant that I had to be more stable with the camera as I was using a slow shutter speed, this, however, meant there is movement in some of my images making them unusable. Overall I am not that happy with most of the pictures that I have taken during the gig, however, there are a few that will be usable if I edit them correctly. I would like to attend another gig as I feel like I could learn from some of the mistakes that I have made with this group of images and therefore get some better shots which would look more professional in my magazine.

















This is a contact sheet for another one of the photoshoots that I did. These images were taken of Regan Jones, the lead singer of the band "The Sundowns". These images were taken in front of the O2 Academy, a venue where they are soon to be playing. I wanted to capture images in a place which would relate to the interview that will be the main feature on my double page spread. This shoot was a mixture of landscape and portrait images to suit for my double page spread alongside my cover page. I did not manage to take anywhere near the number of images that I wanted to take. This was due to time constraints for my model but also the weather conditions. 
These are the contact sheets for my final shoot with my model. Overall I am very happy with how these images turned out. I decided to shoot photographs in several locations so I had a range of different pictures to choose from for all the pages in my magazine. These images were successful as my model, Regan Jones, was acting very natural. This is something that I wanted to achieve with my images as I feel like this makes the audience feel more connected with the artist. This will link to the article within my magazine as the people who will be reading "Off Beat" may look at Regan Jones as a role model, especially if they are trying to get into music themselves. Within this shoot I did take some more posed images so that I had a variety of photographs to choose from when creating the pages of my magazine. The majority of the images that I use within my magazine will most likely be from this photoshoot as I am very happy with how succesful it was and the outcome of the photoshoot.








No comments:

Post a Comment