Tuesday 27 March 2018

LO4: Evidence of editing [✓]


I used the text tool in Adobe Photoshop to create the text on the cover page of my magazine then I added effects to my text like stroke. I used dafont to find the fonts to use throughout my magazine as these are free with a good selection which are also royalty free. There is a range of fonts used which fit into the house style.

I created graphics on the cover of my magazine using the shaped tool which is in Photoshop. This was used for not just the record graphic which was created from many different layers and shaped but also for the cover lines as I added a white or black rectangle.

The main image was edited on Photoshop where I made it black and white as I felt like this stood out. The effect also made the image seem moody and fit the genre of my magazine.

The additional image on the front cover was edited in Adobe Lightroom where I boosted the shadows and calibrated the colour balance to make the image fit more with my house style colours. When placing this on the magazine I added a white rectangle behind and also anchored text to it.

Whilst editing I moved around many of the different feature on my magazine until I felt the layout was right, this ranged from drastic changes to tiny adjustments.


No comments:

Post a Comment